Monday, August 27, 2007

Visiting Aunt Del and Uncle Gene in Hallstead, PA (the farm)




I have not as yet mastered the combination of pictures and text so forgive the poor layout. These are just a few pictures, more in the next entry. Since it takes so long to upload pictures I decided to make the visit a two part blog instead of all in one. It seems that when I try to add more then 3 pictures it takes forever to upload.
Angel has rated the farm 5 paws. She would have rated it higher but 5 is the max. She just loved be able to run free as we explored the 133 acres that belong to my aunt and uncle. Angel really enjoyed chasing the birds. Angel even came face to face with a little chipmunk that my uncle named Petey. It was a scream to watch an incident with Angel and the chipmunk. Angel was sitting on Uncle Genes lap when the chipmunk came down and sat right next to them. At first Angel was unaware of Petey's presence. As Angel was just looking around she spotted him. Angel went direct to crazy and chased Petey into the field. It was hilarious.
We had such a good time spending time with Aunt Del and Uncle Gene. I have such fond memories of my younger days when I was growing up. I spent many a weekend and summers with them and my cousins. They had a way of making everything fun. Even chores around the house.
There was only one problem with the visit at the farm and that is no communication because they are located in a valley. In order to use the phone we had to drive up the road about a mile to a church parking lot overlooking a cemetery. Talk about a "dead zone".
More to come. Happy trails.

No comments: