Friday, July 27, 2007

Hiking Red Top Mountain

Now, I know it looks like we are goofing off rather then hiking. We stopped to enjoy the beautiful scenery around Alatoona Lake.
We can not put in words what we have seen during this hike.

The hike today was a 5-1/2 mile loop that I thought would never end. It was both exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. Angel was a real trooper and did not complain once during the whole hike. I do wonder if they make hiking sticks for dogs as she did look at Andrea and me with envy with the way the sticks helped us navigate the path. This trail called Homestead Trail is considered moderate in terms of difficulty. I would rate it a little higher (damn hard), but what do I know.

That's it for now. Happy trails.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chas & Andrea

Great pix. of dog - who are the people in the shots? Never know it is the same two stuck-in-Florida fuddy duds we once knew. Looks like Bonnie & Clyde on the run.

Have fun youngsters!!!

Bill and Ro